Release Date – March 02, 2017
vRealize Operations Manager 6.5 focuses on enhancing product scalability limits and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Additional monitoring capabilities
- Adds ability to increase memory and increase the scope of monitoring within the same environment.
- Allows you to monitor larger environments with the same footprint through platform optimization.
- XL size node allows you to monitor more objects and it processes more metrics.
- Automatic upgrade of Endpoint Operations Agents:
- New Endpoint Operations Agent upgrade bundle allows you to automatically upgrade the agent through the vRealize Operations Manager user interface.
- Enhanced troubleshooting capabilities:
- Quickly correlates logs and metrics in context for any monitored object using Log Insight within vRealize Operations Manager.
- Creates custom metric groups that enables you to focus on most relevant metrics
- Improved collaboration:
- Simplifies export and import of custom groups and eases dashboard sharing between different vRealize Operations Manager installations.
- Understands Private Cloud costs and Public Cloud spends by accessing vRealize Business for Cloud from within vRealize Operations Manager.
- General improvements
- Removes scale limitations from Predictive DRS (pDRS). Predictive DRS enables vRealize Operations to provide long-term forecast metrics to augment the short-term placement criteria of the vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Default values for the following global settings have changed:
- Deleted Objects: from 360 hours to 168 hours
- Action History: from 90 days to 30 days
- Symptoms/Alerts: from 90 days to 45 days
These default settings are effective only for new vRealize Operations 6.5 installations.
- Allows you to disable coloring in scoreboard widget.
The update process has been optimized.
The update process might be up to 40% faster, depending on the size of the environment and the number of objects being monitored.
In addition, the vSphere Optimization Assessment available at https://www.vmware.com/assessment/voa has been updated to a vRealize Operations Manager 6.5 appliance.